Do you dream of having the perfect audio in your home?
Are you tired of the generic speakers of your TV which are far from being capable of delivering the quality that you look for? Well, if the answer to those questions is yes, you’ve stumbled upon the right place. Today you’ll learn about the most low-cost home theater subwoofer!
A brilliant subwoofer is without a doubt going to provide you with a lot of value. Apart from enhancing the overall quality of your sound, you will see that it feels like a totally different experience. However, picking the right one is far from being easy. There is a tremendous amount of options on the market and as such, choosing the one which is appropriate for your setting might be a bit challenging. This is especially true if you don’t have any specific understanding when it comes to technicalities. If you are more familiar on technical details and want to go pro you can check out our review on the best studio subwoofers. With this in mind, we’ve prepared a list of a few great models which are affordable yet high-performance. So, without wasting any further time, let’s go right ahead and take a quick look.
Size: 10 inch
Frequency Range: 35Hz – 200Hz
Power: 50 Watts (Continuous)
Manufacturer: Polk Audio
Now, this is a 10-inch powered subwoofer with quite a lot to offer. The price remains around the $100 frame which is affordable, to say the least. This comes in black and it has a built-in amplifier which is a high-current specification designated for big and thumping bass. It is equipped with a convenient 10-inch polymer-composite cone driver which is also dynamically balanced for high performance.
The specific thing which needs to be noted about this particular model is that it uses laser-based Klippel technology for measurement which is going to provide improved linearity as well as precise and deep sound. It comes with a non-resonant MDF enclosure which is specifically designated to ensure the clarity of the size. The baffles as well as the internal bracing are 0.75 inches thick which is definitely beneficial.
You should also understand that this is a device which is capable of playing particularly high noise levels of sound, which is definitely beneficial.
- POWERED SUBWOOFER FOR EXTRA BASS & PUNCH – A 10-inch Dynamic Balance woofer & a uniquely configured directed port provides accurate bass with added depth that brings your music and movies alive. A perfect solution for your small-to-mid size room
- LOUDER CLEARER SOUND EVEN AT HIGH VOLUME – Enjoy a thrilling yet balanced music experience with rich, deep sound, even at low frequencies. BLENDS EASILY WITH ANY SPEAKER and plays the most demanding nodes effortlessly without any distortion
- DOUBLE THE AMPLIFIER POWER TO 100 Watts of Dynamic Power with its in-built 50-watt RMS amp. Sophisticated engineering with best in class resonance-free driver materials make this sub highly durable and FIT FOR EXTENDED USE
- EASY TO INTEGRATE WITH EXISTING SYSTEMS – Hook up this sub to the receiver and upgrade your music sound instantly! Features continuously variable 80-160 Hz crossover and 40-160 Hz (-3dB) frequency response
- A sleek detachable grille on the front, speaker and line-level inputs as well as speaker-level outputs on the back, and a Phase Toggle Switch for multiple subwoofers, make this sub cohesive and complete
Size: 8 inch
Frequency Range: 28Hz – 200Hz
Power: 100 Watts
Feature: Linear Port
If you are a fan of stylish looking 8-inch home subwoofers, this is definitely going to appeal to you. The Yamaha YST is easily amongst the best 8 in subwoofers on the market for this year as it comes packed with different perks and convenient utilities that you can take advantage of. Without wasting any further time, let’s take a look at the technicalities.
Right off the bat, you should know that this is an 8-inch multi-range subwoofer with a driver which has specific magnetic shielding to isolate flawless sound. This is definitely something that stands out in comparison. The device brings high 100 watts dynamic power, guaranteeing that thumping bass that everyone loves. There is a low frequency response between 28 and 200 Hz and there is a Linear Port which is going to minimize the extraneous noise – that’s definitely to be considered. The front-firing active subwoofer is perfect for your living room and for other smaller spaces and it’s definitely going to bring the sound that you might expect.
- New twisted flare port contributes to clear and tight bass
- Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology II)
- 8” cone woofer
- Stylish addition to any room
- Dynamic Power: 100 W (5 ohms)
Size: 8 inch
Frequency Range: 26Hz – 250Hz
Power: 150 Watts RMS
Feature: Signal Sensing On/Off
Manufacturer: Acoustic Audio
The first thing that you will notice about this particular home theater subwoofer is that it looks beautifully. It has a nice exterior appeal as it’s finished with a wooden element and texture, making it the perfect addition to any living room furnished with a contemporary sense.
Now, this is a 8 inches down-firing long throw subwoofer which features a particularly high-current at 300-watt amplitude which is going drive the down-firing 8 inches woofer effortlessly for low-frequency, smooth and high-quality effects. The input of the highs and lows is going to let you use almost all sorts of receivers and processors. The woofer is also taking advantage of a long excursion cone which is there to guarantee particularly accurate response – something of tremendous importance. At the same time, the MDF bass-reflex enclosure is going to feature an internal bracing as well as a response handling 26 HZ to 250 Hz frequency, which is set to deliver the perfect thumping bass from all of the action movies that you love so much.
- Acoustic Audio PSW-8 Specialty Series home theater powered subwoofer, 300 watts peak power, frequency response is 26Hz-250Hz, efficiency is 97dB, 8ohm impedance
- Built in digital drive high efficiency amplifier, 8” down firing long throw subwoofer, high rigidity PVA treated cone, adjustable independent gain control
- Low level and speaker level inputs and outputs, variable low pass frequency crossover control, signal sensing auto shut off function, phase control switch, bottom slotted bass port
- Black ash high density MDF enclosure with advanced RFL bass reflex design, product dimensions (H x W x D) 12.4" × 9.4" × 10.2", designed and engineered In the USA
- Use for in wall or in ceiling home entertainment, home theater systems, surround sound systems and multiple room systems
Size: 8 inch
Frequency Range: 40Hz – 140Hz
Power: 80 Watt
Driver Diameter: 203mm
Manufacturer: Dayton Audio
If you are looking for a contemporary replacement for your old subwoofer, the Dayton Audio SUB is without a doubt one of the best options on the market. It comes with a range of comprehensive advantages which are truly making this one of the best options available. With this in mind, it’s also worth noting that the solution is particularly affordable in comparison. It’s classic black with slight chrome nuances which is definitely appealing.
Let’s take a look at the technical part. The unobtrusive textured black vinyl finish is perfectly complemented and completed by the woofer which is 8 inches long-throw one, capable of handling heavy-duty requirements. This means that you could easily play whatever movies and songs you like and you’d still get the desired bass. The downward-firing flared port is designated to supply the aforementioned perfect and powerful bass. It has a selectable auto-on mode which is definitely an appropriate thing to rely on. The main designation of this particular option is to handle small home theaters and maybe some listening rooms.
- Downward-firing flared port design for clean, powerful bass
- Selectable "Auto-on" mode
- Heavy duty long-throw 8" woofer
- Perfect for small home theaters or listening rooms
- Unobtrusive textured black vinyl finish
As you can see, there are quite a lot of different options that you can easily take your pick from. The truth is that choosing a subwoofer isn’t the easy endeavor that a lot of people think it is. Fortunately, the products are carefully selected and are amongst the best affordable options on the market. You should also account for the fact that you will need proper speakers which aren’t included in the scope of the review. Moreover you can have a look on the best subwoofers for home we’ve chosen for you. In any case, taking advantage of the current list is definitely going to save you time and effort.
Last update on 2020-12-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API