What is a nice ride without crystal clear bass thumping from the inside?
Everyone who’s keen on good music quality and who has an eye for the detail will demand a great sound system in his vehicle. After all, driving is much more than just a necessity, right? It’s an experience that you need to savor.
With this in mind, one of the most important components that you’d have to consider when it comes to your car sound system is the subwoofer. We have donw another deep review of the best car subwoofers again. You are most definitely aware of the fact that the quality of the bass is one of the most critical components of good sound. This is why you need the best 8 inch subwoofer car audio that is designed to produce it. However, the market is over flooded with options and it’s particularly challenging to find the best subwoofer for car.
Moreover, you can checkout our new article on Orion Subwoofers, where we analyse and review 10 inch, 12 inch & 15 inch models!
This is the main reason for which we’ve decided to step in and provide you with a helping hand. Below you will find some pricey options which are designated to deliver crystal clear quality of the bass in your vehicle. While they might be a bit more costly, they are definitely worth every single penny that you spend on them, so let’s not waste any further time and have a look. However if you’re on a low-budget you can have a look on our review on the best cheap car subwoofers!
Size: 8 inch
Voice Coil: 2.5″
Power: 800 Watts RMS
Impedance: 2 Ohm
Manufacturer: CT Sounds
This is another subwoofer which is designed so you can mount it at the back of your truck. Therefore, you have to adjust the space so that you can install it. Cutting down to the depth of 6,6 inches is necessary. It comes with a grade Y35 magnet for high quality.
There is composite foam on the edges designated to secure low-distortion and to avoid any resonance. The woofer does a splendid job in handling this. There is a double-stitched treated paper cone which is perfect when it comes to it. The voice coil is a 2,5 inches dual model, ensuring splendid quality of the bass.
- 8 inch subwoofer with RMS Power: 800 Watts RMS; Max Power: 1600 Watts MAX; Coil Configuration: Dual 4 Ohm
- Powerful 2.4 Inch - 4 layer high-temperature CCAW voice coil & 160 oz triple stacked Y35 grade ferrite magnet drives the earth shaking bass behind the woofer speaker for car
- Competition mega foam surround, 5% carbon fiber reinforced cone, and 24 mm top plate thickness allows the bass subwoofer for car to generate massive excursions for several hours on end
- Signature CT Sounds chrome low carbon iron bottom plate and advanced air flow cooling design ensures the sub for car audio runs cool for even the most demanding playlists
- Whether you’re looking for a dropkick through a concrete wall or to annoy the s*#% out of the neighbors, the CT Sounds MESO-8-D4 car audio subwoofers deliver the primordial bass that you don’t just hear, you feel
Size: 8 inch
Power: 500 Watts RMS
Impedance: 2 Ohm
Manufacturer: Sundown Audio
Another perfect example of a more affordable 8 inch car subwoofer, this particular one does come with quite a lot to offer. The woofer is actually capable of handling a peak performance of 500 watts RMS which is absolutely staggering in comparison.
This is a model designed to be mounted and installed at the back of the truck. With this in mind, it’s definitely capable of producing low-distortion and high quality bass which is of splendid quality. The Dual 2-OHM series is designed to ensure that the wattage is properly handled, despite of the peak performance. At the same time, you can rest assured that the 8-inch woofer will fit perfectly at the back of the truck as it has a depth of around nine inches.
- SA-8 V.3 D2 - Sundown Audio 8" 500W RMS Dual 2-Ohm SA Series Subwoofer
- Specifications: DC Resistance (Re): 3.36 Ω | Resonance Frequency (Fs): 38.29 Hz | Equivalent Volume (Vas): 6.88 L | Electrical Q Factor (Qes): 0.324 | Mechanical Q Factor (Qms): 6.310 | Total Q Factor (Qts): 0.309 | Force Factor (BL): 18.94 NA | Moving Mass (incl. Air Load) (Mms): 144 g | Suspension Compliance (Cms): 120 μm/N | Sensitivity: 82.79 dB 1w / 1m
- Box Recommendations: Sealed Enclosure Suggestion: Not Recommended | Ported Enclosure Suggestion: 0.5 - 0.75 cu. ft. @ 35 Hz | Displacement: 0.08 cu. ft. | Depth: 6.625 in |Outside Diameter: 8.375 in | Cutout: 7.375 in
Size: 8 inch
Power: 500 Watts
Impedance: 3 Ohm
Manufacturer: JL Audio
You know a product is good when it has been produced as a part of an anniversary celebration. This particular edition is 8-inches single 3-OHM W7 subwoofer which is going to deliver the most flawless bass quality you can expect. The reasons for this hide behind the specifications of the unit.
Now, the first thing that should be considered is that the unit comes with state of the art massive forced-air-cooled aluminum alloy frame. This is something which is going to bring tremendously good looking appeals but it’s also going to guarantee the low distortion which is required for proper bass, especially in a vehicle. The unit is particularly linear and it has a DMA-optimized motor system, which is going to attribute to the high quality.
Of course, you also have to account for the mounting specifications as certain additions have to be made within your car. The top mount depth of the subwoofer is 6.83 inches while the cutout diameter is 6.94 inches. These are pretty standard sizes that you could easily find a place for.
- 8" Single 3 Ohm W7 Subwoofer
- Massive Forced-Air-Cooled Aluminum Alloy Frame
- Highly Linear, DMA-Optimized Motor System
- Top Mount Depth: 6.83"
- Cutout Diameter: 6.94"
Size: 8 inch
Frequency Range: 35Hz – 250Hz
Power: 250 Watt
Impedance: 4 Ohm
This is a classic bass tube which is going to provide you with more than just powerful bass capabilities. If you are looking for a way to conveniently power boost the sound quality in your car, this is the solution to go. It’s amongst the best on the markets and it comes with the intention to serve as powerful subwoofer for your car.
This is an 8-inch bass tube which has an on-board 250-watt amplifier. Now, contrary to the majority of the products on the market, the amplifier here has two separate channels, guaranteeing enhanced performance. The subwoofer uses Class D amplifier technology which is going to support 200 watts RMS at 4 OHM and 275 watts RMS at 2 OHM which is more than you might ever want to. There is an optional speaker output for the bass tube. What is more, the entire thing comes with a corner loading optimization. This specific feature which isn’t characteristic for a lot of units is going to provide splendid bass performance.
- 400w Max
- Dual 4ohm Voice-coil Subwoofer
- Includes Mounting Straps
- Passive Bass Tubes enclosure with dual voice coil 8-inch subwoofer
- Corner-loading optimization provides maximum bass performance
Size: 8 inch
Frequency Range: 32Hz – 150Hz
Power: 120 Watt
Impedance: 2 Ohm
This is an 8-inch car subwoofer brought to you by one of the leaders on the market when it comes to additional sound technologies Alpine. It comes with a built-in 120W amplifier, which is housed in the convenient aluminum enclosure. If a bad ass appeal is what you are looking for, this is the unit to go. It’s also a bit more affordable in comparison.
Now, the compact size of the unit makes it particularly appropriate for a range of vehicles. It measures 13.5 x 9 x 3 inches LxWxD and it could be placed under the seat of your car or back in the trunk. Regardless of whether you are driving a sedan or a SUV, you will be capable of fitting it conveniently. Now, the frequency response handles a range between 32Hz and 150Hz depending. The power rating is set at 120 Watt RMS. At the same time, there are speaker level and RCA inputs which are located right at the back panel. There is also a control panel for the Phase, LP Crossover, Gain as well as the remote sub levels. This is an authorized product and you can rest assured that quality is guaranteed.
- 8-inch subwoofer and 120W amplifier, housed together in a cast aluminum enclosure
- The compact size measures just 13.5” L x 9” W x 3” D so it can be installed under or behind a seat in a truck, in a sedan’s trunk or in an SUV’s hatch
- 32Hz-150Hz frequency response, Power Rating: 120W RMS. RCA (0.1-4V) / Speaker Input (1.5-30V/auto sensing)
- RCA and Auto-sensing Speaker Level Inputs are located on the side panel, along with controls for Phase, Gain, LP Crossover and Remote Sub Level
- The PWE-S8 is an Authorized Online Product Sold By and Shipped from Amazon; visit the store locator on the Alpine USA website for professional installation
Conclusion – What’s the most suitable 8-inch car subwoofer?
Sure, you can find other options on the market but these are handpicked to do a great job. We’ve gone through extensive testing and went over the majority of the reviews for products of this category to ensure that we pick the best ones. These are definitely top of the line and are going to provide you with the performance that you need.
Last update on 2021-10-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API