So, you’ve just bought that brand new TV and you want to enjoy a night of your favourite action movies. You sit comfortably on the couch; launch your all-time favourite only to find out that the experience in your home has nothing to do with the experience in the cinema. What’s wrong?
And, the main difference isn’t the quality of the picture – in fact; your new TV produces splendid quality. However, it’s as if the bass from the sound is completely lacking. That’s because your TV isn’t designed to provide splendid sound capabilities. This is where your surround sound system comes into the picture. Of course, a surround sound might not be necessary – you need a good pair of high-quality speakers and a great subwoofer to boost up that bass and to handle everything properly. That’s where we step into the picture. Finding the best home subwoofer is something rather challenging. There are quite a lot of complicated metrics that you have to have in mind, and that can get particularly overwhelming. This is especially true if you have no idea about frequencies, distortion and other sound characteristics.
This is the main reason for which we’ve taken the liberty of providing you with a few tremendously convenient options available on the market, though if you’re on a low budget you can check out our review on cheap subwoofers for home. They are amongst the best ones that you can find. Let’s have a look.
Size: 10 inch
Frequency Range: 32Hz – 120Hz
Power: 300 Watts
Output Level: 112dB
This is another particularly splendid model. When it comes to the best 10 inch subwoofers, there is usually quite a lot to account for. This is what we will handle right now. This is a 10-inch high-excursion driver which is designed to produce specific and industry-leading bass with almost no distortion.
Of course, this is thanks to the enclosure, which apart from functional is also particularly appealing. It has a sleek and particularly contemporary design.
Going further into the specifics, the subwoofer comes with 300 watts of amplifying power in an amplifier which is built-in. This is definitely to be considered. There is a line-level RCA input as well as speaker level input as well. The 0-180 phase adjustment is also convenient as there is a rather variable low-pass filter as well as a convenient adjustment range. There is also a convenient auto-on and off function.
The unit might come across a bit expensive but with 300 watts under the hood it definitely makes up for every penny that you spend. It’s a great solution for home and for semi-large listening rooms.
- Powerful 10" copper-spun front-firing woofer
- All-digital amplifier delivers 300 watts of dynamic power
- Equally impressive with music and movies
- Low pass crossover and phase control,Dimensions:14(H) x 12.5(W) x 15.7(D) Inches
- Line/LFE inputs for compatibility with most receivers
Size: 8 inch
Frequency Range: 32Hz – 150Hz
Power: 150 Watts (Peak)
Manufacturer: Martin Logan
This is one of the best home subwoofers that you will ever find in the shops. This looks so sleek that it could easily be a part of your furniture. The Martin Logan Dynamo 300 is one of the best options on the market and it’s great for this particular price range of a little over $200.
The first thing which needs to be outlined about this solution is that it has a particularly efficient and low distortion. Even though the parameters are a bit reduced, it’s still a top-notch unit. There is a 75-watt built in amplifier which will peak at 150 watts output. The 8-inch polypropylene cone woofer guarantees incredibly low distortion, which is definitely something that you want to have. There is also a low-turbulence port for specifically enhanced bass output. The cabinet is of high-density construction, guaranteeing that everything is handled as per the highest industry standards. It can be connected with stereo inputs as well as a home theater LFE input – both options are convenient enough.
- Ultra efficient low-distortion, 75-watt amplifier with 150-watt peak output
- Low-distortion 8-inch polypropylene cone woofer
- Low-turbulence port for extreme bass output
- High-density cabinet construction
- Connects via Stereo Left/Right Inputs or Home Theater LFE Input
Size: 8 inch
Frequency Range: 20Hz – 150Hz
Power: 300 Watts
Feature: Auto On/Off Signal Sensing
Manufacturer: Definitive Technology
Single ProSub is a powered subwoofer speaker which is going to deliver everything you might have ever wanted from a subwoofer of this kind. It is equipped with one high-definition 8-inch woofer as well as a polymer cone which is perfectly and conveniently coupled to one 8-inch infrasonic radiator. It has built in 300 watts RMS amplifier, guaranteed to produce powerful bass should it be required.
Another thing which is particularly important when it comes to different subwoofers is the frequency range handling. This particular one comes with a frequency response range between 20Hz and 150Hz which is definitely something particularly important and beneficial. The entire casing is finished in matt black, which is a tremendous boost in the appeal. It is very common to see a great bass boost on the best 8 inch subwoofers as well!
- 300W RMS for a THUNDEROUS SOUL-SHAKING BASS RIGHT IN YOUR LIVING ROOM - ProSub 800 is equipped with a high excursion 8" front-mounted direct-radiating woofer pressure-coupled to an 8" low bass radiator
- BRING HIGH DEFINITION MUSIC TO LIFE – Infinite Power Source Amplifier, Discrete MOSFET output devices, and a unique radiator design provides 27% greater radiating area than a single 10-inch woofer so you can enjoy deep impactful music anywhere
- CREATE A FULL HOME THEATER SYSTEM - For an immersive cinematic experience, pair this sub with the ProCenter 1000 center channel and ProMonitor 800 satellite speakers or just add it to your existing setup for extra boom and punch
- ADJUSTABLE FEET FOR BETTER STABILITY - The ProSub comes with four integrated feet with rubber tips for secure placement on any hard floor. You can even adjust the height, if the floor surface is uneven
- ENDLESS CONNECTIONS AND EASY INTEGRATION - Connect this sub to any stereo or multi-channel audio system using the wide range of Line-Level & Speaker-Level Input & Output connections. It is very convenient and quick
Size: 8 inch
Frequency Range: 20Hz – 180Hz
Power: 150 Watts
Voice Coil: 2″
Manufacturer: Earthquake Sound
This is a splendid example of how an 8-inch subwoofer could look stylish and appropriate. Now, the first thing that you need to understand is that there is a lot of thought put into the design of the subwoofer. A lot of people disregard its importance but it’s actually rather critical. The slim down-firing ported design has an altitude of only 7-inches. This is done for a reason – the grounded design adds to the depth of the bass and reduces sound distortion even more.
The unit comes with a digital amplifier with a capacity of maximum 300 watts. This is definitely considerable and it’s even better that it’s built-in. The RCA as well as the High Level inputs with a crossed high-level output guarantee that everything is going to be handled as per the highest industry standards. Now, it’s not very common that we take a look at a unit which has also won quite a few awards. This one is the 2010 Excite Award Winner and it was also an honoree at the 2010 International CES Innovations 7 Design Engineering Showcase. This is definitely a good sign among the best home subwoofer.
- The item is non-returnable
- Slim down firing ported design - only 7 inch tall
- Built-in 300 Watts Max digital amplifier
- RCA and High Level Inputs with a crossed High Level Output
- 2010 Excite Award Winner and 2010 International CES Innovations Design & Engineering Showcase Honoree
There are, of course, other options available on the market but the ones listed above are splendid for this particular price range. The truth is that they will provide you with everything you need for a home theater or a semi-large listening room. The quality of the sound and the bass is guaranteed and the majority of them also bring extraordinary appeals. On the other hand you can also take a look on our studio subwoofers review!
Last update on 2021-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API